Hey! I’m Meg, founder of Artful Publications. If you’re new to the site or to creating eBooks and eMagazines, this is a great place to get started – I’ll go over the basics and help point you in the right direction.
There are plenty of benefits to publishing your own eBooks or eMagazines. Some of my favorites:
- Anyone can create, publish, and sell one (meaning you!)
- They can be fairly inexpensive to produce
- They allow you to create a beautiful representation of your work and passions
- They can create an extra income stream for your business
- They enable you to reach new readers
- Having your name on a book helps to position you as an industry expert
- They can help you grow your email list
To learn more about eBook basics and the benefits, click here.
Common Self-Publishing Misconceptions
I want to be totally open with you about the process of selling eBooks before you get started. They can make amazing products for your business for a variety of reasons, but there are a few details to be aware of:
- “You can’t make a lot of money selling eBooks.” You absolutely can. Should you expect to write one eBook and be set for life? Definitely not. However, with plenty of effort and a bit of strategy, you can create a very successful product that can serve as a decent revenue stream for years to come.
- “You need a really big following to sell any eBooks.” This is also false! No, you can’t expect to post an eBook on a brand new website without any marketing and sell thousands. However, you CAN sell plenty of eBooks even with a small audience, if you’re willing to take the time to make a great product and do a bit of promotion.
- Writing an eBook is not easy. But it also doesn’t have to be nearly as hard and confusing as it may seem. I’ll be honest with you; if you want to self-publish an eBook or eMagazine, you will have to put in the time, thought, and a lot of love. Don’t let this discourage you, though! Artful is here to make the process as simple as possible – the work can be a lot of fun!
- You aren’t going to get rich over night selling eBooks. We’ll do our best to help you launch your product with a bang, and you may have excellent sales numbers at your launch (we sure hope so!) The beauty of selling eBooks, however, are the long-tail sales. Once your eBook is launched into the world and starts being shared and seen by new audiences, you may find your sales increasing month to month, for years to come.
- Success is not guaranteed. Not every eBook is going to sell well. That’s why we suggest testing your ideas before hand and setting yourself up for the very best chance of success possible.
- Creating eBooks isn’t all about the money. Once you realize this, you may even decide to give your eBook away for free! Why? eBooks can be an amazing way to get new customers introduced to your work, making it easier sell them your larger products and services in the future.
Let’s Get Started!
If an eBook sounds like it may be a good fit for your business, we’d love to get you stared on the journey! We’d love to work one-on-one with you – click here to read about our package options. Interested in DIY? We have articles to guide you through each section of the process:
Finally, Thank You!
I can’t tell you how excited I am that you’re here and ready to get started on your self-publishing journey. I’m here to help in whatever ways I can, so please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions, and I’ll do my best to get back to you quickly.
If you’re interested in working with us one-on-one, you can check out our service packages here to see if working together sounds right for you.
I’d love to connect with you on Twitter! You can find me @MegKSylvia.
Have an amazing day!